Introducing the Elgin Master Chorale
We’re excited to announce that the area’s oldest vocal music ensemble is also the newest. The Elgin Choral Union has a new name – the Elgin Master Chorale – combining our rich history and strong tradition of excellence with a renewed commitment to outreach, collaboration and community. With assistance from branding professionals and the support of our membership, our board of directors conducted an exhaustive re-branding initiative that has led us to this exciting new beginning. Having grown from our valued roots as a “union” of church choirs, we sought a name that truly fit us and our mission, reflecting our Elgin heritage, our emphasis on musical excellence, and our identity as an artistic cornerstone of the Fox Valley and northwest suburbs. Moving forward as the Elgin Master Chorale, we eagerly anticipate sharing the transformative power of music to bring our communities together for many years to come. Elgin Master Chorale. Hear the Voices. Feel the Passion.
News and Announcements
Love To Sing? Want to Meet Other People Who Do Too?
Join Elgin Master Chorale! If you’ve gone to EMC concerts and wondered what it would be like to sing up there with us, now is your chance! Elgin Master Chorale is holding auditions August 26 from 5-6:30 p.m and by appointment. We invite you to come see if singing with EMC is right for you! Our members learn fantastic music, meet new friends, and get to perform with some of the finest musicians in the Chicago area every year. Interested in auditioning, or just learning more? Call 847.214.7225 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Announcing the 2014-15 Season of Celebrations
A cultural cornerstone of Elgin and the Fox Valley, the Elgin Master Chorale creates a thrilling, emotional experience for audiences at each performance. Celebrate great choral music performed with passionate excellence. See for yourself why audiences are saying, “It’s my choir.” Make it yours, too.
Five concerts, four conductors, three facilities and dozens of fabulous musical selections await you this season. From family favorites to beloved musical show-tunes to classical gems, you’ll delight in every minute!
- Saturday, November 8, 2014, 7:30 p.m., Blizzard Theatre, Elgin Community College
- Poulenc’s Gloria, Cantique de Jean Racine, andPavane; Vaughn Williams’ Five Mystical Songs, and Sir C. Hubert Parry’s “I was glad.”
- Saturday, December 13, 2014, 2:30 and 7:30 p.m. & Sunday, December 14, 2014, 2:30 p.m.
- Presented by the Elgin Symphony Orchestra, Hemmens Cultural Center, Elgin
- Featuring your favorite holiday music, these concerts are perfect for the whole family.
- Friday, March 6, 2015, 10:00 a.m. (For info on special pricing for school and senior groups, call 847.214.7225.)
- An engaging educational concert about American musical theater through the legendary songs, characters and legacy of Rodgers & Hammerstein, specially geared toward school students. This project is made possible through a collaboration with the Chicago Bar Association Symphony Orchestra and Chorus.
- Sunday, March 22, 2015, 3:30 p.m. Blizzard Theatre, Elgin Community College
- Sunday, April 26, 7:00 p.m. Orchestra Hall, Chicago
- With Chicago Bar Association Symphony Orchestra & Chorus, David Katz, music director; Rebecca Patterson, Chorus Director
- Blizzard Theatre, Elgin Community College
- Please note: Tickets for the Orchestra Hall production of Something Wonderful are not available through the ECC Box Office. Please contact the Chicago Bar Association Orchestra at 312-554-2133
- Experience iconic songs from Rodgers & Hammerstein’s beloved musicals including South Pacific, Oklahoma!, The King and I, Sound of Music and more.
- Saturday, May 2, 2015, 7:30 p.m. & Sunday, May 3, 2015, 2:30 p.m.
- Presented by Elgin Symphony Orchestra, Hemmens Cultural Center, Elgin
- Join the ESO for a full-sound finale to their season, including Mahler’s orchestration of the joyful Beethoven’s 9th, featuring the Elgin Master Chorale in the unparalleled choral finale.
- Click here for ticket information.