Thank you to all of our patrons, supporters, and members for a wonderful 2018-19 season! Stay tuned for more announcements on our 2019-20 season!
News and Announcements
Reports to: EMC Children’s Chorus Director
Provide keyboard accompaniment for Children’s Chorus rehearsals and performances.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide piano accompaniment for all scheduled Children’s Chorus rehearsals.
- Provide keyboard accompaniment and/or attend concert dress rehearsals as assigned by the Chorus Director.
- Lead sectional rehearsals either from the keyboard or the podium as assigned by the Chorus Director.
- Assist the Chorus Director in singer and soloist auditions.
- Assist the Chorus Director and/or Chorus Coordinator in finding a substitute for regular rehearsal, dress rehearsal or concert schedule conflicts.
- May serve as rehearsal conductor if the Chorus Director is unable.
- Work effectively with staff to ensure safe practices.
Qualifications and skills
- Piano keyboard proficiency sufficient to provide rehearsal and concert accompaniment is required.
- Conducting proficiency sufficient to lead rehearsal from the podium or keyboard is
- Organ Keyboard proficiency is preferred.
- Schedule flexibility in order to attend a majority of rehearsals.
- Must pass background check.
A Review of Handel’s Dixit Dominus
The Elgin Master Chorale, conducted by Music Director Andrew Lewis, concluded its 72nd season with a performance of "Dixit Dominus" composed by a twenty-something G.F. Handel, on Sunday, April 14 at 3:30 p.m. in the Blizzard Theatre at Elgin Community College.
From the Elgin Review:
"Year after year, EMC Music Director Andrew Lewis gathers and develops an astonishing amount of talent to take on serious music by important composers in a professionalistic way. These concerts are a rare privilege to experience, and equally amazing is the opportunity to participate in this music making as a singer, board member or volunteer."
Click here to read the full review of the concert.