PART-TIME POSITION: CHILDREN'S CHORUS ACCOMPANIST - ELGIN ILLINOIS
Reports to: EMC Children’s Chorus Director
Provide keyboard accompaniment for Children’s Chorus rehearsals and performances.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide piano accompaniment for all scheduled Children’s Chorus rehearsals.
- Provide keyboard accompaniment and/or attend concert dress rehearsals as assigned by the Chorus Director.
- Lead sectional rehearsals either from the keyboard or the podium as assigned by the Chorus Director.
- Assist the Chorus Director in singer and soloist auditions.
- Assist the Chorus Director and/or Chorus Coordinator in finding a substitute for regular rehearsal, dress rehearsal or concert schedule conflicts.
- May serve as rehearsal conductor if the Chorus Director is unable.
- Work effectively with staff to ensure safe practices.
Qualifications and skills
- Piano keyboard proficiency sufficient to provide rehearsal and concert accompaniment is required.
- Conducting proficiency sufficient to lead rehearsal from the podium or keyboard is
- Organ Keyboard proficiency is preferred.
- Schedule flexibility in order to attend a majority of rehearsals.
- Must pass background check.
Email email@example.com with a cover letter and resume.