DEVELOPMENT OFFICER - Part Time
The Elgin Master Chorale, a cultural cornerstone of Elgin and the Fox Valley, seeks a personable, strategic, and detail-oriented Development Officer to advance the organization in meeting and growing its contributed and earned income goals. The Development Officer is pivotal in establishing and deepening relationships with institutional and individual donors, supporting the Board of Directors and key staff in cultivation and stewardship, and managing special events and grant proposals. The position reports to the Executive Director.
- Partner with the Executive Director and Board of Directors in setting and implementing annual and long-range development strategy and plans.
- Manage the implementation of department budget and development plans that articulate focused and diverse efforts to meet or exceed fundraising goals.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with donors (board, individuals, foundations, and corporations). Build donor relationships that bring continuity to the organization over the long-term.
- Create and monitor annual deadline calendar for grant proposals, reports, and other strategic fundraising initiatives.
- Supporting the Executive Director, research, write and file grant proposals and reports to foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
- Research donors, track communications/efforts, solicit gifts/grants, and provide timely acknowledgement for gifts from board members, individual donors, corporations, and foundations. Build and maintain donor profiles.
- Write and prepare annual individual solicitation mailing(s), invitations, and special fundraising campaigns, among other materials.
- Plan and implement special cultivation and performance events, (e.g., house parties, large-scale fundraising events), and coordinate with the Music Director, Executive Director, Board committee, and volunteers in project planning and execution.
- In partnership with the Advancement committee, create and manage sponsorship efforts to individuals and corporations.
- Represent the Elgin Master Chorale in the arts community and the community-at-large as a viable resource for EMC and partner arts organizations, reflecting the mission and values of Elgin Master Chorale.
The ideal candidate for the Development Officer will have three to five years’ experience in fundraising, preferably for the performing arts or a related field, and have outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills, with a working style that is collaborative, respectful, and professional.
He/She will have proven experience with increasing revenues through contributed income, and a measurable record of success in building and deepening donor relationships with individuals and institutional funders.
He/She attends bi-monthly Board meetings and annual Board retreat.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and donor management software required. College degree preferred.
The Development Officer is a part-time position of twenty hours per week on average, with the opportunity to work at home, Hours are flexible, and salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
The Elgin Master Chorale is an equal opportunity employer.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter.